akron ohio station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clearfork

Anyone know anything about the Akron, OH train station (Three Rivers)? Long term parking? Safety? Nearby establishments?

Many thanks...

This station although advertised as an unmanned station is occupied at train time by an employee of Apcoa (The parking lot company). There is a Parking deck about 50 feet from the station door, and I haven't heared of any damage or theft of vehicles. The station is at the end of the Quaker Square parking lot. Quaker Square, allthough past its prime as a shopping mall, still has a good hotel, a few nice places to eat, and a few unique shops. The mall was built with a railroad theme and there are a few pieces of rolling stock around; I think a Burlington Route steam switcher and between the hotel and mall are some Pennsylvania Railrod cars (under roof) That you can eat in. This is all located in a downtown area so as far as your saftey goes, use your judgement. I don't think you'll run into anything more than a rare panhandler, but I would still keep clear of any dark alleys.

Several of my Amtrak trips involved the Akron station. No problems other than waiting for late trains. Left car in parking garage during trips with no problems. Station is opened/staffed by a parking garage employee who depending on which one it is may be willing to call and find out where the train is and keep you updated on expected arrival times. Be sure to pay attention as the platform is actually in between the tracks and depending on which track the train is coming in on you will need to be out there before the train actually pulls in. Picture of station on my web site can be found here: Akron Amtrak station Three Rivers at the Akron station:Three Rivers at AKO

Thanks for all the info. The website with the pictures of all the stations is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back