Alarm clock

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulM

Engineer
I had a little too much time on my hands during a recent train trip and came up with the idea of a Windows computer alarm clock that tells you when its time to get to the station. You can set the alarm to go off a given number of minutes prior to the estimated time of arrival at the departure station, or a given number of minutes after the actual (or estimated) departure time from a prior station. The estimated arrival time (or departure time) is updated once per minute from Train Status.

Details here.

Very clever!

I have an app on my phone that does a very similar thing for meeting a flight at the airport, taking into account your current location, traffic conditions, and the current ETA of the flight.

I love things like this that put existing data together to be helpful.

Really cool!!!

Now for an Android version. :D I don't carry a Windows device around with me, but it would be nice that I could, for example, have an alarm or warning when I am 1 hour from arrival to a given station based on current train status. I mean, the published times are only good when Amtrak sticks to its exact schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back