Alright This One Will Blow You Away

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
OK I've read articles that state Amtrak has not been properly funded and there is a possibility of privitization of the railroad, but what your about to read is absolute stupidity. Ready, get set, and seat belt yourself in, Amtrak's closin' shops next Wednesday according to this.

:lol: I think that newspaper's just a little behind on it's reporting by about eight and a half months, I'd say. This article reads like all the articles that came out last June when David Gunn had to basically threaten a shutdown just to keep the trains rolling. I'd like to know who their source is.

In all seriousness, I hope this is just a fluke on the part of the newspaper, and not an actual comment from Gunn. We don't want to go through this again. :(

EmpireBuilderFan said:
:lol: I think that newspaper's just a little behind on it's reporting by about eight and a half months, I'd say.  This article reads like all the articles that came out last June when David Gunn had to basically threaten a shutdown just to keep the trains rolling.  I'd like to know who their source is.
In all seriousness, I hope this is just a fluke on the part of the newspaper, and not an actual comment from Gunn.  We don't want to go through this again. :(
I think that someone just got their signal's crossed here. Congress hasn't even decided what to give Amtrak for this year. So at present the Government and Amtrak are still operating on the Continuing Resolutions.

This gives Amtrak about 1.02B divided by 12 months. So each month Amtrak gets about 85M from the government, an amount that David Gunn said he can live with. :)

They deleted the original article too - to hide the evidence of stupidity, I guess. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back