Am I crazy? Just made reservations for May

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't forget to check back in case the price goes down. It happens.
unsure.gif

I do not think you are crazy. :wacko: Last month I made reservations for 2 trips that I am taking next May. I do not think I am crazy (although some people around here would tend to disagree :lol: )

Are you crazy?
huh.gif
You're in the right place!
laugh.gif

Last year I made reservations in January for a trip to the Gathering in STL in October and then a loophole trip from STL (via CA) back east after the Gathering! This was all made BEFORE the final decision on the LOCATION of the Gathering was made - and even before the DATES of the Gathering were announced!
wacko.gif
So do you think that you are still crazy?
huh.gif

Not crazy - I made reservations for our EB trip in 2 1/2 weeks last October Especially if you're coordinating hotels, car rental, activities at your destination. You can always cancel if plans change! Mind you, I've been driving myself crazy watching train status and reading about all that's been happening on the EB route, but hey, that's part of the fun of travel imho! That's what I'm telling myself anyway! :rolleyes: I always book trips at least 5 months in advance, flying or otherwise. Would have missed a great deal on a trip to Jamaica I took in April had we waited to book - booked it last August when we found out only a few seats left. Some can book last minute and enjoy doing that - not my style - I like to feel secure in my plans!

Are you crazy?
huh.gif
laugh.gif

Last year I made reservations in January for a trip to the Gathering in STL in October and then a loophole trip from STL (via CA) back east after the Gathering! This was all made BEFORE the final decision on the LOCATION of the Gathering was made - and even before the DATES of the Gathering were announced!
wacko.gif
huh.gif
You're both crazy!! But in a GREAT crazy kind of way! :giggle:

Just hope there's still an Amtrak--or a functioning US--10 months from now, with all the shenanigans in DC.

Just more reason to escape on the train!!

We paid for our May trip 2 weeks ago ... so we're in the same club!

I do not think you are crazy. :wacko: Last month I made reservations for 2 trips that I am taking next May. I do not think I am crazy (although some people around here would tend to disagree :lol: )

Did you mean to say "some" people?? I thought it should be "ALL" people would disagree!!

Are you crazy?
huh.gif
laugh.gif

wacko.gif
huh.gif
Dave, you were late in making your reservations. Penny made her reservations in November 2010!!

People make reservations for shows and ballgames sometimes a year or more in advance, and every time Apple comes out with a new iJunk, the must-have-nows will sleep on the sidewalk for two or three days to be the first to get it. So go and get your Amtrak space.

Are you crazy?
huh.gif
laugh.gif

wacko.gif
huh.gif
Dave, you were late in making your reservations. Penny made her reservations in November 2010!!
If Penny made her reservation for STL in November 2010, I thinkth that SHE was late. The STL Gathering was in OCTOBER 2010!
laugh.gif
(Either that or she made a wrong turn!
mosking.gif
)

If Penny made her reservation for STL in November 2010, I thinkth that SHE was late. The STL Gathering was in OCTOBER 2010!
laugh.gif
(Either that or she made a wrong turn!
mosking.gif
)
I made my reservations for the SEA gathering very early - before the location was announced, with the thought that I could revise them if necessary. Since I am paying for one way of the 3 zone trip, I wanted to get as low a bucket as possible. Even so, my return trip is still costing me a boatload of money. However, it is worth it to hang up with people who are even more crazy than I am. :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You had "inside information" Penny! That's not fair!
laugh.gif

Remember to vote for KIN for the site of the Gathering in 2012!
happy.gif
I already made reservations at Chez Traveler East!
mosking.gif
Dave: Now you are one of the "insiders" @ AU, please remember us poor folks out here in flyover/1 Train a day (if were lucky! :eek: )country when it comes to picking the site for nexts years East Coast Gathering! My choice would be PHL or WAS with BAL a distant third!

I know lots of members live in the East/NE and since all these cities have plenty of trains/commuter transportation/interesting places etc., and are less expensive than NYC or BOS, seem like a natural!

If the Gathering is in KIN then cheztraveler east better have plenty of room, there arent any hotels there are there??, I've heard that's why the Acelas blow through on the way to BOS and NYP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You had "inside information" Penny! That's not fair!
laugh.gif

Remember to vote for KIN for the site of the Gathering in 2012!
happy.gif
I already made reservations at Chez Traveler East!
mosking.gif
I did not have inside information since I did not join the committee until after the location was announced. I just assumed the gathering would be in SEA or PDX since I knew it would be on the west coast and not in California, since one has already been in California. I chose SEA for the reservations since it was further away and if necessary I could always get off the train early if I was unable to change my reservations.

KIN for 2012??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not know you were that funny, Dave. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not made my reservations for the 2012 gathering yet, since it is too early and it probably will be on the east coast which is in my "zone." However, I am already thinking about taking via from Toronto to Vancouver after the 2012 gathering to celebrate my 60th birthday which will occur right before the 2012 gathering. Accordingly, I will likely be making early reservations.

I've made reservations for a bedroom/family bedroom trip 10 months ahead of time and it was the cheapest I could find. Roomettes will sometimes show up pretty cheap at the last minute. 10 months give you more time to amortize the costs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back