Amazing German Wonderland

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the site but I was trying to post their YouTube display. It’s pretty awesome including day/night and airport scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

That’s the site but I was trying to post their YouTube display. It’s pretty awesome including day/night and airport scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
It must be pretty awesome! My father once went to Hamburg. He's a model train enthusiast, so of cours he visited the Miniatur Wunderland. He was enthusiastic and it takes a lot for him getting enthusiastic.

It must be pretty awesome! My father once went to Hamburg. He's a model train enthusiast, so of cours he visited the Miniatur Wunderland. He was enthusiastic and it takes a lot for him getting enthusiastic.
I visited it and it was overwhelming. My friend and I were on a limited time and I couldn't absorb it all. And, natürlich, the real Hamburg was waiting outside!

[For younger readers, the Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, the logo of which showed a roof over the HVV, was a pioneer in integrating tariffs and schedules and routes of multiple operating companies. Regional tariffs are now so common in Europe that visitors may not even think about it but when I first visited Hamburg in 1970 and 71 it was the leader. And it's great doing research in a place with a corner pub around every transfer point.]

While Germany claims to have the biggest multi-transportation layout (trains, cars, planes, ferries,...), there is a place about 20 miles north of Cincinnati that claims to have the biggest train layout. I've been there. 25,000 sq ft building with indoor Garden Scale layout. 90 simultaneously running trains, all automated. Spectacular scenes showing trains in different rooms from the 1800s to modern days.

Entertrainment Junction <--- Note the "r"

While Germany claims to have the biggest multi-transportation layout (trains, cars, planes, ferries,...), there is a place about 20 miles north of Cincinnati that claims to have the biggest train layout. I've been there. 25,000 sq ft building with indoor Garden Scale layout. 90 simultaneously running trains, all automated. Spectacular scenes showing trains in different rooms from the 1800s to modern days.

Entertrainment Junction <--- Note the "r"
Nothing compaired to the Train Mountain Railroad in Oregon, but they are in very different scales... 40 +/- actual miles of track.

Back