Amfleet Sleeping Cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewliner, I think all the links to the image you made were good, but Yahoo intermittently chooses not to serve the image. traffic/bandwidth limiting perhaps?

Here's a little tidbit of RR history!!!

Back in the days, when railcars were owned by the manufacturer and leased to the various railroads, the windows were intentionally designed in different dimensions.

While the windows may look identical, the dimensions were offset enough that parts could not be interchanged between different cars!!!!

This eliminated alot of theft in the yard and ensured repeat business for spare parts!!

Interesting. Another thing. Has anyone notcied on the Amfleets that there are other holes in wich windows could have been placed. I beleive it is on the restroom end where pop outs can be taken out and a window added. Anyone know why the windows weren't put in?

Well lemme think about this for a second Amfleet. If you're sittin on the can do you really want someone looking in on you? Seriously.

The Acela bathrooms have windows, but they have that opaque coating so no one can see in but light is let through. Superliner I Sleepers have a window in the upstairs restroom, but there is a curtain. Viewliner Standard bedroom has the toilet with those huge windows, but again, with curtains.

No I do not want anyone looking at me while I'm in he restroom thankyou very much. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back