Amsnag: Account suspended?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloBoy

Service Attendant
I was curious about a fare and went to Amsnag and up flashed a page saying Account Suspended! What's up with that? There is no dialogue with anyone on that site so I couldn't have said anything wrong (although I have been known to say a stupid thing or two on this site!). Is the site down?

On the Amsnag home page it says:

Questions or Comments:
wurfsendungen_att.net.gif

The site manager has always always replied to me promptly. That said, amsnag doesn't have "accounts" so my guess is that the message is coming form somewhere other than amsnag.

I love the owner's German email, so I looked it up. It means "junk email" [in the plural, I think]

This is what I get: http://biketrain.x10.mx/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi I deleted my bookmark which has always worked fine and used Caravanman's link which worked fine and I rebookmarked. Problem solved but mysterious!
No mystery. Your link is a backup site that I direct people to if the main site's hosting service is having problems. You must have bookmarked that. If I don't log on to the backup site's control panel once a month, it gets suspended. It's back up and running now.

Riding shotgun with the hoghead? (Google was surprisingly unhelpful.,)
That's cheating. ;)

Führerstandsmitfahrt:

Führer - we all know who this is; but in this case means control

stands - about what it says

mit - with

Fahrt - ride

or in standard English: cab ride.

The photo was taken in the cab car of a "City Shuttle" (Austrians are not language chauvinists) train set used all over Austria for regional expresses - level of service between local and intercity. In addition to the cab, half is bike compartment and half coach seating.

About 7 of us were boarding the train in western Tirol heading for Innsbruck when the lokfahrer began helping us load the bikes. I asked him a question and he invited me into the cab. Between my bad German and his not quite so bad English, we were able to carry on a conversation. It was hilarious because every once in a while he would lunge for the controls and then relax to continue the conversation.

Interestingly enough, the photo in the upper right hand corner taken several years later shows the bike compartment in the same type of cab car, but this time in the far southeast corner of the country, near the Slovenian border.

The first photo was taken in 1999. The last time I was there, 2014, the city shuttles were still running. And the old push-pull emu's on the intercity service between Graz and Innsbruck had been replaced by the standard intercity train set with the city shuttle cab car added. Purists would say this consist looks weird, but it did make spotting the bike car easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back