Amsnag App

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixj

Service Attendant
Any chance now that Amtrak is going back to daily trains that the Amsnag app might start working again? My recollection was that is stopped working about the time Amtrak went tri weekly.

Amtrak's web site is so screwed up these days. The LD 3x has messed up short-hauls on LD trains. A couple of days ago, in conjunction of trying the new 'Night Owl' sleeper, I was looking at taking #449 BOS-SPG, a distance of 98 miles. Regardless of what day I chose, it showed ZERO trains. I had to 'force' it by choosing the 'advanced' option and selecting a time of day range. Then it worked. How many unknowing potential Amtrak passengers would know to do THAT to see the trains actually ARE running?

And to put all those 'tricks' to 'read' a wildly inconsistent screen with inconsistent drop-down boxes? By the time such a 'screen reading' program could be perfected, Amtrak would come up with other screwy things. So yes, Mr Bobinyec is correct.

Back