Amsnag fare watch saves me money!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ispolkom

Engineer
I was happy to find an e-mail from Amsnag this morning, telling me that the roomette price on a November trip has dropped almost $40. I called Amtrak, spent less than 10 seconds on hold, and the agent rebooked me in just a couple of minutes. Very good return on time invested, and I'm very grateful to be able to use this feature.

One possible glitch, though. The e-mail had a column titled "Travel Date." I would have thought this should have been populated by the date of the fare I'm watching. Instead, each cell gave yesterday's date, when the e-mail was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was happy to find an e-mail from Amsnag this morning, telling me that the roomette price on a November trip has dropped almost $40. I called Amtrak, spent less than 10 seconds on hold, and the agent rebooked me in just a couple of minutes. Very good return on time invested, and I'm very grateful to be able to use this feature.
One possible glitch, though. The e-mail had a column titled "Travel Date." I would have thought this should have been populated by the date of the fare I'm watching. Instead, each cell gave yesterday's date, when the e-mail was sent.
That may be due to when the train departed the origination station, not when you board the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back