Amsnag newby question.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziv

Conductor
I am thinking about changing my flight from DC to Billings Montana to a trip via the Capital Limited and the Empire Builder to Williston and then renting a car. I don't mind the first night in Coach but I will be taking a roomette on the Builder. I think I know the answer is "both" but Amsnag is showing $211 for coach and $227 for Roomette on the Limited and $442 on the Builder. So if I go coach it is $211 all the way to Williston and if I add a Roomette from Chicago to Williston my total fare will be $211 + $442 or $653?

No chance that I was wrong and the total fare is $442, DC to Williston w/sleeper on the Builder?

On edit: Holy c***! If I start on the 13th the Builder Roomette is only $217!

http://www.biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking about changing my flight from DC to Billings Montana to a trip via the Capital Limited and the Empire Builder to Williston and then renting a car. I don't mind the first night in Coach but I will be taking a roomette on the Builder. I think I know the answer is "both" but Amsnag is showing $211 for coach and $227 for Roomette on the Limited and $442 on the Builder. So if I go coach it is $211 all the way to Williston and if I add a Roomette from Chicago to Williston my total fare will be $211 + $442 or $653?

No chance that I was wrong and the total fare is $442, DC to Williston w/sleeper on the Builder?

On edit: Holy c***! If I start on the 13th the Builder Roomette is only $217!

http://www.biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php
Well, it would seem that you found a lower bucket fare for that roomette, so go for it. Finding a car rental in Williston might be harder, so check your options first. There is a thruway bus operated by Jefferson lines that will drop you off in downtown billings, so that is another option.

I am calling Avis at the Williston airport, they may be able to pick me up at the Amtrak station. Driving in Montana is so much fun I am more than willing to pay for a rental car rather than a bus. Drive to Livingston on the 15th, Yellowstone for 2 days, 5 days on my Mom's ranch for branding then back to Williston to get the train on the 23rd around 7pm. Not so great a deal on the roomettes on the eastbound trip, but westbound looks good. Just have to get my ducks in a row here in DC and book it by Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back