Amsnag not connecting

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixj

Service Attendant
Anyone else having trouble connecting to Amsnag? Here is the message I have gotten for the past two days:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'biketra1_php'@'localhost' to database 'biketra1_amsnag' in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line 6
Failed to connect: localhost, biketra1_php, jackie5225, biketra1_amsnag

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line 53

Thanks. I've bookmarked ver 2. In the past I got to version 2 through ver 1. Now I have the direct link. Thanks.

The "Fare Watch" button seems to be grayed out. Are they still working on it, or is that feature discontinued?
I think its temporarily discontinued because of the issue of the emails that people were getting.
That is correct. Version 1 may have been causing the spam fiasco; and I haven't had time to dig through the code to see if that is so. In the meantime, version 2 is running, as others have mentioned.

The fare watch button on version 2 is no longer disabled.

Thank you for posting this question. The same thing happened to me today, and I just assumed it was some sort of site issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what causes this error message? I have gotten it on more than just Amsnag.
What error message is that?

jb

This one:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user (...)
Except on my other site, it says (nothing to do with you or Amsnag, I am just curious what it means):

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'library'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what causes this error message? I have gotten it on more than just Amsnag.

jb

This one:

Except on my other site, it says (nothing to do with you or Amsnag, I am just curious what it means):

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'library'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in (...)
That means the web application is trying to connect to a database and the attempt is failing. Many websites/pages have a database to serve content. Sometimes the error message is presented to the user, and other times it's hidden "behind the scenes" in log files.

jb

This one:

That means the web application is trying to connect to a database and the attempt is failing. Many websites/pages have a database to serve content. Sometimes the error message is presented to the user, and other times it's hidden "behind the scenes" in log files.
Thank you. The webmaster on this one has health issues, and I am just the news "updater" (social media volunteer for a nonprofit board), and I can't do anything about it.

Back