Amtrak 50% Off Deal: Does it apply to Keystones?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
My parents and I are members of the Philadelphia Zoo. I was wondering if that 50% off promotion is valid on Keystones. I might take my parents to the zoo by train, and then take them to ClubAcela in Philadelphia so they can see how I travel! šŸ˜Š

My parents and I are members of the Philadelphia Zoo. I was wondering if that 50% off promotion is valid on Keystones. I might take my parents to the zoo by train, and then take them to ClubAcela in Philadelphia so they can see how I travel! šŸ˜Š
Sadly not

Rats. I just canā€™t figure out why the Keystones and Pennsylvanian always get the shaft on these promotions! Do you think itā€™s because both services are supplanted by PennDOT? Normally it costs $28 one-way between ELT and PHL.

Which is pretty fascinating that I can take a train from Lancaster to New York for $19 BUT if I book just to Philly on that same ticket, it costs $21.

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that my parents and I will go to either Philadelphia or NYC this year. Those two cities are just not safe!! Philadelphia has long had a violent crime problem, but since the advent of COVID, it has gotten worse. NYC has had skyrocketing crime as well, sadly. We used to go there several times a year! I always enjoyed sleeping over in NYC. But, Covid has shuttered some of my favorite hotels, and it is unsafe to take the Subway. Such a shame!

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that my parents and I will go to either Philadelphia or NYC this year. Those two cities are just not safe!! Philadelphia has long had a violent crime problem, but since the advent of COVID, it has gotten worse. NYC has had skyrocketing crime as well, sadly. We used to go there several times a year! I always enjoyed sleeping over in NYC. But, Covid has shuttered some of my favorite hotels, and it is unsafe to take the Subway. Such a shame!
I just spent 2 days in New York, and I didnt see any of the Negatives you mention.

Everyone is wearing Masks, New Yorks Finest are in clear evidence on the streets and Businesses are open and doing well from what I saw.

Lots of tourists around, it's just not as crowded on the Streets or on the Subwaysxsnd Buses as lots of office Workers are still working from home.

Cant comment on Philly, but I'd go back to the Appld tomorrow if I didnt have to work!

I went to NYC for the day on May 1st and felt very safe. Didn't see any of the issues you mentioned. Could you please provide concrete examples of your claims?

You can't judge a whole city by what you hear in the news about crime. The crimes do not happen in every corner of the city. Do some research as to what areas crimes do occur and avoid those areas.
Baltimore is known for it's crimes, but I still walk around parts of it when I'm there for my doctor's appts. I take Amtrak down and usually leave myself plenty of time between my appt and my trip home to explore (and to make sure I don't miss my train). I research areas I want to check out before I go to see if they might be areas to avoid.

Back