Amtrak Agents Reinstated at Lamy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year's appropriations bill required restoring agents at 15 stations.

There is at least a rumor that Havre and Shelby got agents again this past week and will get baggage service back next month. I haven't seen it in any local news, but local news is a weekly affair in places like that.

Of course the waiting rooms are closed due to covid, and half of the brand new agents' work is disappearing...

"The stations to regain agents are Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Texarkana, Ark.; Maricopa, Ariz.; Fort Madison and Ottumwa, Iowa; Garden City and Topeka, Kan.; Hammond, La.; Meridian, Miss.; Havre and Shelby, Mont.; Lamy, N.M.; Cincinnati, Ohio; Marshall, Texas, and Charleston, W.Va."

https://trn.trains.com/news/news-wi...ring-process-to-restore-agents-at-15-stations

I recall seeing those job postings, none of the postings are still online so I assume agents have been hired.

Once the agents return to Charleston and Cincinnati, they really should add a Baggage car to the Cardinal. Can't see any reason not to have baggage service, if they're already paying agents at the major stations and have unused cars in the yard in Chicago.

I recall seeing those job postings, none of the postings are still online so I assume agents have been hired.

Once the agents return to Charleston and Cincinnati, they really should add a Baggage car to the Cardinal. Can't see any reason not to have baggage service, if they're already paying agents at the major stations and have unused cars in the yard in Chicago.

The Cardinal has a Baggage-Dorm car and already offers checked baggage at the few stations that offer the service.

I understand that the tap room and restaurant at the Lamy Amtrak station has closed and the people who had been running it have gone into the catering business.

I don't know if the closure was caused in part by the covid regulations, by the return of Amtrak agents to the station or for other reasons but perhaps someone has more information. It appeared to be quite a successful operation at one time.

There are several Station Advisories saying agents have been reinstated at certain stations, including Charleston, WV (10/14), Cincinnati, OH (10/13), Garden City, KS (8/6), Havre, MT (10/1), Marshall, TX (10/12), Shelby, MT (10/1), Topeka, KS (10/22), and Texarkana, AR (9/28).

By my count, that leaves: Fort Madison, IA; Hammond, LA; Lamy, NM; Maricopa, AZ; Meridian, MS; Ottumwa, IA; & Tuscaloosa, AL. This is a problem, as on the website, some stations show checked baggage is available, but the hours say closed.

I understand that the tap room and restaurant at the Lamy Amtrak station has closed and the people who had been running it have gone into the catering business.

I don't know if the closure was caused in part by the covid regulations, by the return of Amtrak agents to the station or for other reasons but perhaps someone has more information. It appeared to be quite a successful operation at one time.
If you're talking about Legal Tender, it's closed due to Covid19, according to their website. "Covid-19 is keeping us closed until further notice. Please stay safe and come see us when our world gets back to normal. We will be incredibly grateful to be able to host you again!"

If you're talking about Legal Tender, it's closed due to Covid19, according to their website. "Covid-19 is keeping us closed until further notice. Please stay safe and come see us when our world gets back to normal. We will be incredibly grateful to be able to host you again!"
Thanks for posting that but I was asking about the Chili Line Taproom and Harvey's which were located inside the station (but had been serving outside). I see from this post that evidently the restrictions on indoor dining and the bleak prospect of continuing to serve outdoors as cold weather approached has put an end to the business:

https://lamyjunction.com/index.html

Back