Amtrak app

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet another problem after being off line. My iPhone 5C will not update the Amtrak app. I tried to delete and reinstall but evidently the 5C is too old a version. That's fine but I can't even use the older Amtrak app version. I know the phone is ancient - all of 5 years old!!!!! - but is this the way it is now? I have a number of friends now with the same problem. Are we all just Luddites?

Thanks for the quick reply. This is true of the official Amtrak app for ticketing etc.? And if my iPhone is too old I,m out of luck? Because it wouldn't upload the newer version.

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of the AU app, not Amtrak's app. I have no problem using Amtrak's app.

Since the 5c can not load current iOS versions, it probably can not load the latest Amtrak app. And they have probably changed things so much even old versions will not work.
While you may have bout yours 5 years ago, it was released in 2013!

My luddite sister-in-law purchased an iPhone SE last month and is now VERY happy she did. Before that, she was using a non-smart cell phone that probably was at least a decade old.

I have yet another problem after being off line. My iPhone 5C will not update the Amtrak app. I tried to delete and reinstall but evidently the 5C is too old a version. That's fine but I can't even use the older Amtrak app version. I know the phone is ancient - all of 5 years old!!!!! - but is this the way it is now? I have a number of friends now with the same problem. Are we all just Luddites?

What version of iOS are you using? (To check it open Settings> General > About > Software Version) For example the current version I'm using is 13.5.1. If your software is up-to-date you should be able to use the Amtrak app.

Back