Amtrak Backpack

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
I won this Amtrak backpack at a travel expo years ago. Is it just a promotional item or was it sold in the past?
It is in perfect condition and I am planning to use it on my train trip next April. Would it be pretentious?

backpack.jpeg

It looks like a nice backpack. I have no idea whether it was sold or promotional. I do not think using it on your trip would be pretentious. Seeing it other passengers may think you are a former employee and ask you questions. Crew may consider you as a "foamer."

I think many AU members wear Amtrak shirts, hats, pins, etc. and I do think they think it is pretentious.

While I don't wear Amtrak or other railroad gear or pins onboard, I am pretty sure my scanner marks me as a foamer to the crew.😉

BTW, I haven't ever noticed being treated poorly by the crew members for being an overt and obvious foamer. Although there have been several occasions I have been asked by the SCA what was going on when we were stopped unexpectedly, since they knew I could overhear the operating crew.

Last edited:
Back