Amtrak Blankets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dank

Train Attendant
I was looking at the national cafe car menu and I noticed that they sell Amtrak blankets. Does anyone know what the blankets look like? Do they look like the one in the picture I have attached? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
51634808.jpg

I may be wrong, but I think blankets are now part of the "comfort kit" which is a small blanket, eyeshade, earplugs, and inflatable neck pillow in a bag. Not sure if blanket is still available as a separate item

Last spring (April I think), my companion was able to buy just a blanket from the café on the Heartland Flyer, and yes they look like that although I think it's smaller than the one in the picture, the logo is smaller anyway.

I think the TE would stock out of Chicago and the SL and the CS stock out of LA. I remember one LSA making a single announcement about the kits then maybe 15 - 30 minutes later announcing he was sold out.

So the kits you reference are the ones Amtrak sells in their store I assume. I don't think they have Amtrak on them, from what I could tell. The description make it sound like the bag was the only Amtrak specific item. I could be wrong.

IMG_0337.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The comfort kit blanket is blue fleece and quite light. I have a few. Still use them and the eyeshades when traveling on Amtrak.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

i got one of the blankets last year in the fall. there's no logo on it. otherwise the same, blue fleece. pretty warm actually for how thin it is.

Two or three years ago I bought mine on its own. It’s blue fleece, relatively light, and has a big Amtrak logo on it. Didn’t have to get the comfort pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

I bought the loudest cheapest flourescent green blanket from a drug store, in order to seem like a hobo. I wrote Amtrak on it with a felt tip magic marker.* (I love logo apparel!).

Funny how the seat next to me was never taken!

Ed.

* This may not be true...
default_biggrin.png

The current Cafe/Lounge menu shows "Souvenir Blanket" at $15 in addition to the "Passenger Comfort Kit" at $10. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll actually have any! (I remember the last one I bought - the lounge car attendant claimed they were sold out until I pointed out he was sitting on one!)

The current Cafe/Lounge menu shows "Souvenir Blanket" at $15 in addition to the "Passenger Comfort Kit" at $10. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll actually have any! (I remember the last one I bought - the lounge car attendant claimed they were sold out until I pointed out he was sitting on one!)
Yep, I got the Souvenir Blanket.

Back