Amtrak bus service to SF restricted

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chakk

Engineer
Amtrak has announced that bus service between Emeryville and San Francisco will be suspended for all stops in the City (except the temporary Transbay Terminal) from January 23 thru February 12, 2016 due to preparations for Super Bowl 50, which will be played on February 7 in Santa Clara, CA (45 miles south of San Francisco).

The game isn't even being played anywhere near San Francisco.

I wonder if there's going to be any effect on Capitol Corridor and/or other train services passing by Levi's Stadium. Special Caltrain service from San Francisco to the GAC station would be ideal but that's not going to happen.

I looked, and this mentions that most SF bus service won't be available because of street closures for Super Bowl City. Also, there will be special Capitol Corridor event trains.

http://www.capitolcorridor.org/news/whats-new/super-bowl-50-service-impacts-bus-stops-in-san-francisco-parking-lots-in-santa-clara-to-close-temporarily/

Also, Super Bowl City is Jan 30 to Feb 7, and the street closures are probably due to setup and takedown.

http://www.sfbaysuperbowl.com/super-bowl-city

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy! That must be some preparation!
Agreed! You would think the Pope was coming to town.... :rolleyes:
Or the Olympics. But at least the Olympics are a two-week (plus) event, whereas all this fuss is happening due to a single 3-hour game.
A three hour Game but a 2 week Spectacular with Mardi Gras type hoopla, crowds and prices!

The Modern Day version of the Christian vs. the Lions!!

Well....some people there will be inconvenienced and annoyed by the whole thing, while others will be making a lot of money.....you know the old saying..."money talks..." ;)

It's definitely going to create a mess since Market Street will be closed from Steurt St to Beale St. However, I'm not quite sure why they can't find some way around unless they're worried about dealing with traffic. There theoretically shouldn't be an issue with using the Caltrain station or Fishermans Wharf stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back