Amtrak cars with ads

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I am way late to the party on this and perhaps it has been discussed already but if not: What's up with these Amtrak cars on the Texas Eagle that carry large ads on the side? Is the Eagle the only train to have these?

Please, Amtrak, do not start selling space for car wraps that cover the windows. I hate those things; they're ugly and totally ruin the view from inside.

I noticed in recent videos that Tampa's TECO trolleys are now plastered with them, which defeats the purpose of running charming replica historic trolley cars.
IIRC Some years ago the Coast Starlight (or maybe the Pacific Surfliner) had a wrapped coach; the wrap covered the windows. Stupid!

Please, Amtrak, do not start selling space for car wraps that cover the windows. I hate those things; they're ugly and totally ruin the view from inside.
Not the DOTS! But really, they're awful. On city buses too. Cheapens the experience and makes it more hostile, not to mention completely obscuring the view. Countries that fund their transportation systems properly usually don't have to subject their passengers to ads.

Not the DOTS! But really, they're awful. On city buses too. Cheapens the experience and makes it more hostile, not to mention completely obscuring the view. Countries that fund their transportation systems properly usually don't have to subject their passengers to ads.

It's worse than that. What the passengers are subjected to is a crappy experience that tells them that the really important thing their bus/train is doing isn't transporting passengers. It's selling ad space targeted at passersby.

Back