Amtrak Cascades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zepherdude

OBS Chief
This article was in the Register Guard on Thursday explaining how successful the Cascades are and future growth plans. Interesting to note, plans for additional track

between Eugene northward. Union Pacific has a heavy presence here with major yards not far from Eugene Amtrak Station. One mainline and one secondary track in front of the station. Two Cascades remain overnight for a 0530 and 0900 departure. The overnight equipment must ferry to the UP Rail Yard as there is no room at the station. Only one mainline track south to north that I am aware of. Project calls for $28m for track that no one knows where its coming from, a paltry amount.

This article portrays good growth and cooperation between Oregon and Washington connecting PDX, SEA and Vancouver. I 5 is way overburdened now and as discussed, people do use Amtrak to travel the corridor. Amtrak Bus Service is ample as well. Buses have a good reputation. Other Amtrak service is the Coast Starlight both directions daily. I travel to PDX frequently and never drive, great rail and bus service in that city. If other city and state pairs would work together this type of system would be of great assistance and cost efficient.

http://www.registerg...rtland.html.csp

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back