Amtrak CEO live stream broadcast Monday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 of 15 trains will operate tri weekly.
5 or 6 will operate as it. Kinda sounds like Andersons, “we see a need for 5-6 LD trains in the future” doesn’t it? Semantics but it’s the exact same thing from a different angle. It was obvious listening to him Covid has very little to do with the cuts.
No. There are 15 total LD trains. He said 10 will be reduced to tri weekly, not that ten will will operate tri weekly. The five not being reduced are the Cardinal, Sunset, Auto-Train, Silver Meteor and Palmetto.

I thought the interviewer wasted a lot of time throwing softballs. I was disappointed in the lack of viewer questions, not that I ever saw that offered (not to non-subscribers anyway). I thought his answers to the few meaningful questions weren't particularly clear.

Maybe I'm just feeling pessimistic today. I had hoped for more, I didn't expect it would be a half-hour. I'm looking forward to the RPA's take on it.

No. There are 15 total LD trains.
While there are 15 different long distance trains by name, there are actually 17 of them due to the EB and LSL each having two different end points. These two additional LD trains each has its own train number and fare bucket structure.

While there are 15 different long distance trains by name, there are actually 17 of them due to the EB and LSL each having two different end points. These two additional LD trains each has its own train number and fare bucket structure.
You forgot things like the Minneapolis and Denver drop Coaches. When they operate they also have different numbers. Therefore are you suggesting thay should be counted as different trains to? Just curious.

Last edited:
I thought the interviewer wasted a lot of time throwing softballs. I was disappointed in the lack of viewer questions, not that I ever saw that offered (not to non-subscribers anyway). I thought his answers to the few meaningful questions weren't particularly clear.

Maybe I'm just feeling pessimistic today. I had hoped for more, I didn't expect it would be a half-hour. I'm looking forward to the RPA's take on it.
There was a hashtag in the corner of the frame; I assumed that was where the questions were being taken from.

I agree that the 1st half was mush questions, and the interviewer did not follow up on anything. I think she was a business reporter, not a political one.

You forgot things like the Minneapolis and Denver drop Coaches. When they operate they also have different numbers. Therefore are you suggesting thay should be counted as different trains to? Just curious.
No.

Back