Amtrak Covid Check-in

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith1951

Service Attendant
We are travelling on the LSL and then staying overnight in a hotel before boarding the CZ the next day later this month. The trips are not connected. Do we need to do the Covid check-in 24 hours before each trip or just the first trip?

I never did any Covid check or answering any questions for my Amtrak trip to Alexandria and back. No one or no app or email asked for it. This was last week
I went to Alexandria last week also. I did not get the email for 92, but went on line to my account and did the check. I received the email for my return on 91.

You need a negative test to travel Amtrak? My cross country loop trip (EB, CS, SL, CONO) starts Friday night...nothing on their website about having a negative test, nor have I gotten an email, is this real?

You need a negative test to travel Amtrak? My cross country loop trip (EB, CS, SL, CONO) starts Friday night...nothing on their website about having a negative test, nor have I gotten an email, is this real?

No testing requirement or expectation. Amtrak sends a (useless, imo) questionnaire having you confirm that you haven't been exposed to COVID, you're not feeling sick, etc. etc. I've always clicked the check mark to confirm but honestly I don't think the crews really check.

I just followed my general philosophy of not offering answers to any questions that are not asked. I have been brought up in a system ruled by the most potent combination of British, Mughal and modern Indian bureaucracy and I know better than to wake up sleeping dogs unnecessarily. :)

So, since no one asked I did not answer 🤷‍♂️

No testing requirement or expectation. Amtrak sends a (useless, imo) questionnaire having you confirm that you haven't been exposed to COVID, you're not feeling sick, etc. etc. I've always clicked the check mark to confirm but honestly I don't think the crews really check.
And sometimes it sends it twice! I filled out one the evening before my last trip, got another one the next mid-morning. I had filled out the first one less than 24 hours before my travel so (shrug emoji)

I figure someone who doesn't care about COVID/doesn't believe it's real would just lie if they had symptoms, rather than avoid the hassle of rebooking, so I doubt it prevents much. (That said: I'd hate having to arrange for a nose-swab test before traveling. I'm vaccinated and wear a mask when asked, and wouldn't travel if I thought I was having a breakthrough case)

Amtrak sends a (useless, imo) questionnaire having you confirm that you haven't been exposed to COVID, you're not feeling sick, etc. etc.
I figure someone who doesn't care about COVID/doesn't believe it's real would just lie if they had symptoms, rather than avoid the hassle of rebooking, so I doubt it prevents much.
There seems to be a misunderstanding as to the purpose of the attestation process. The goal is to document regulatory compliance and establish a burden of responsibility (and thus liability) by asking the passenger to confirm they (1) have been informed of the rules and (2) have verified they are following such rules. Passengers who choose to lie have accepted just as much responsibility as those who choose to tell the truth. Meaningful improvement in passenger safety would be indirect and incidental.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back