Amtrak Credit Card Bonus Mileage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have an Amtrak credit, which when I signed up I received 20,000 bonus miles. With Covid, I cancelled the card, when it was up for renewal. If I apply again, do I qualify for a second 20,000 mileage bonus? Thanks.

They are sending out invites for 20,000 points and $250 dollars account credit if you spend $1000 in 90 days to former cardholders. We took advantage of the offer and got the additional 20,000, making for two 20,000 bonuses in less than 3 years. I don’t know if you need the invite or not however.

I used to have an Amtrak credit, which when I signed up I received 20,000 bonus miles. With Covid, I cancelled the card, when it was up for renewal. If I apply again, do I qualify for a second 20,000 mileage bonus? Thanks.

I know this is a bit late, but the short answer is yes - as long as you are approved by Bank of America, you are eligible for the bonus. You can get it for as many cards as BoA will approve you.

Maybe this is a dumb question- do I actually have to let my card balance get to $1000 to qualify for the bouns points, or is it as simple as spending $1000 within 90 days even if you pay off the balance several times in order to get there? (Which is the way it seems)

Maybe this is a dumb question- do I actually have to let my card balance get to $1000 to qualify for the bouns points, or is it as simple as spending $1000 within 90 days even if you pay off the balance several times in order to get there? (Which is the way it seems)
You do not have to let the balance get up to $1,000. You just have to make $1,000 worth of purchases within 90 days of account opening.

Back