Amtrak delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak and NJ Transit service temporary suspended between Trenton, NJ and NYC due to fire near Edison. Looks like it might be for while, the event started at 430pm so still rolling.

93 & 647 hold at MET, 19(22) hold at Rahway, 649 hold at EWR; 176 is at New Brunswick and 19 is north of Metropark. 2168, 42, 184 and 94 is at Trenton.
Several southbound NJT trains turned around at Metropark Track 1 to north, bound for Newark Penn Station only, making local stops all the way.

It's a mess. To give a idea what it looks like:

This is not good.

They’ve turned at least two Acelas to return from wince they came.
A guy just showed up in Newark, DE hoping to get to Baltimore, not knowing the train that stops here hasn’t left NYP. He Ubered from Trenton and thought he could catch this train. Now he’s Ubering to Baltimore.

He should have gone to Wilm. One of the turned Acelas just blew by me.

New Jersey Transit, which runs a lot of commuter trains over that line this time of day, now says that limited service has resumed between NY and Metropark.
They are blaming this on brush fires lit by sparks from a freight train.

Last edited:
I've been delayed due to water on the tracks on a capital limited by lake Erie of course and from a freight train that hit a car trying to race them which killed the driver, that was a long delay..

From NJT yesterday:

NEC rail service has resumed with significant delays in both directions between PSNY & Trenton following fire dept activity near Edison. Westbound service will bypass Metuchen, Edison and New Brunswick. Customers advised to transfer at Princeton Junction for eastbound service back to these stations. NJT rail tickets & passes continue to be cross-honored by NJT bus, private carriers & PATH at Newark Penn Station & 33rd St.
That is track 4 out of service between CP Lincoln and CP County, possibly due to heat damage to the track that needs to be attended to. The fire was on the west/north side of the ROW.

From NJT yesterday:

That is track 4 out of service between CP Lincoln and CP County, possibly due to heat damage to the track that needs to be attended to. The fire was on the west/north side of the ROW.
I think the fire was still burning in spots when they opened the other tracks, so that might have why they put track 4 out of service. 🤷‍♀️

Your welcome.
It's been rough for all west LD trains. On Thursday last week Amtrak had to put up 125 people in 3 hotels. In CHI. and 55 more on buses from 8/28 and 4 due to missed connection in CHI. 8/28 was delayed due to 28 speed restrictions due to high winds in the Columbia River gorge and track fire west of SPK. That was a 6 hour delay. We didn't arrive CHI until 955 pm all connections missed. They bussed people west of CLE overnighted all others including myself I missed my connection to MKE in CHI. More AGR points for me. Swissotel and best Western and holiday inn made bank that night for sure. 6 from EMY at least has made 48 so far this summer unlike last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back