Quantcast

Amtrak Derailment Philadelphia (5/12/2015)

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

BrianPR3

Service Attendant
Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

Conductor
The Facebooks says 188.

The Northeast corridor rail fans group is full of posts - one of them is a news guy posting photos from their control room.

Looks bad, bad, bad. Reportedly 601 was leading.

George K

Conductor
"The train started to shake" and then derailed. 8 - 9 cars derailed, and 50 injured.

Ryan

Conductor
Live on CNN.

Congressman Patrick Murphy is onboard and tweeting pictures.

Paulus

Conductor
Early reports are that it hit a freight train, which would explain the destruction of that one car.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
How sad, hopefully there are no deaths!

We appreciate the updates from those with access and inside info, the local news stations are doing their usual " if it bleeds it leads!" sensationalism! Sigh

Bierboy

OBS Chief

We appreciate the updates from those with access and inside info, the local news stations are doing their usual " if it bleeds it leads!" sensationalism! Sigh
Seriously?! You don't think this is big news? It's horrible and certainly merits lead news coverage.

R30A

Service Attendant
If the car was a deadhead it is possible. No chance in hell if it had people on it though, especially if it was full.

Ryan

Conductor
Looks like a line of tank cars along the bottom of the screen - someone smart on the geography want to help out?

Bob Dylan

Conductor

Seriously?! You don't think this is big news? It's horrible and certainly merits lead news coverage.
I agree totally!, My point is that its apparent that the locals don't know what they're talking about and spreading rumors and giving out scare stories! We have this every time there's a media blitz about passenger train mishaps!
CNN is doing a very good job, the local Fixed Noise Station it's usual terrible job!

As Joe Friday said, " Just the facts ma'am!"

Thoughts and prayers with everyone involved, looks like the first responders and able passengers and crews are doing a heroic job!

amamba

Conductor
This is so horrible and so tragic. I am praying for all on board 188.

Just saw a clip on my local news and came here to see what info might be available.

reppin_the_847

Service Attendant
Looks at least as bad as the Metro North commuter rail crash that happened recently. Really hoping for the best here. Looks like a devastating accident.

Bierboy

OBS Chief

I agree totally!, My point is that its apparent that the locals don't know what they're talking about and spreading rumors and giving out scare stories! We have this every time there's a media blitz about passenger train mishaps!
CNN is doing a very good job, the local Fixed Noise Station it's usual terrible job!

As Joe Friday said, " Just the facts mam!"
Well the CNN app still has nothing about the crash on it and Fox News is doing excellent coverage of the crash.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
I'm watching CNN, MSNBC and Fox live, and they're all doing a good job!, I was talking about the local ambulance chasing reporters here in Austin, not National coverage!

G

Was this a CSX crash with freight train, sabotage or train going too fast or defect with Sprinter?

While Acela costs more, may be more prudent and safer to take Acela at this point in time.