Amtrak Detroiter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is that there are no plans to move Amtrak back to the Renovated Station in Corktown which will be used by Ford for various purposes. šŸ˜Ÿ
There is talk about it, and Ford is open to the idea. Thereā€™s plenty of room, and through service to Canada is a given in the future, and will have to pass right through there. I believe itā€™s a matter of when, not if.

My understanding is that there are no plans to move Amtrak back to the Renovated Station in Corktown which will be used by Ford for various purposes. šŸ˜Ÿ

True - but they ARE intentionally leaving several tracks in place, to leave open the possibility of passenger service returning in the future to that location.

I'm optimistic about this project and would love to have more service in the Detroit area. It was just so glorious to see the vaccine roll out of a Michigan facility. I cried tears of joy when I saw that happen.

IIRC Michigan DOT still has some (perhaps vague) plans of upgrading/replacing the existing Amtrak station with a larger multimodal facility in the same basic location serving intercity trains and buses, local streetcar and buses, as well as potentially regional rail (if, for instance, Detroit - Ann Arbor service ever gets going).

There was supposed to be an Ann Arbor to Detroit bus that would leave every hour. They ran into terrible timing as they planned to start that bus at the same time as Covid hit. Hopefully it does still start eventually.

There was supposed to be an Ann Arbor to Detroit bus that would leave every hour. They ran into terrible timing as they planned to start that bus at the same time as Covid hit. Hopefully it does still start eventually.
D2A2 bus service, I believe. I think it may have briefly started operating before shutting down. Terrible timing, I agree. And yes, hopefully service starts up (or resumes) in 2021-2022.

Back