Amtrak dining and cafe service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend that your friend phone customer relations and explain her situation to them. However, I think she should be prepared to bring her own food. Most likely even the food in the cafe car may not be suitable for her.

Most any processed food prepped by most any food service, is going to contain high levels of sodium. Best bet is to bring your own meals as Penny said.

You’re tired of the choice between brownie and brownie? Shocking. :) haha
Which brownie are you talking about? This one? That one? If you look extremely carefully you can see inconstancies of the arrangement of the crumbs!

Don't say I didn't tell ya... that's the way the 'brownie' crumbles! :oops: :eek::rolleyes:
So which one will you choose???

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.00.29 PM.png

I love Amtrak's description of the brownie..a specialty dessert. How about cheesecake? Isn't there any refrigeration? I usually skip the brownie.

Haven't ridden for a while. Wasn't the choice between a brownie and a blondie, or did they ditch the blondie?

I rode the Meteor the first week of the flex menu and wasn’t offered a choice. I think the brownie and the blondie are the same thing. Which really sounds bad unless you know we are talking about Amtrak desserts.... another brilliant Amtrak marketing move!

I love Amtrak's description of the brownie..a specialty dessert. How about cheesecake? Isn't there any refrigeration? I usually skip the brownie.

Of course there’s refrigerators and freezers, it’s the same viewliner and superliner diners that were able to serve ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, lemon tarts, vanilla pudding, etc.

*cue the typical “blame covid” or “blame politics” or “nobody rides the train for the food” responses.

Of course there’s refrigerators and freezers, it’s the same viewliner and superliner diners that were able to serve ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, lemon tarts, vanilla pudding, etc.

*cue the typical “blame covid” or “blame politics” or “nobody rides the train for the food” responses.

No No No No! The brownie dessert is truly their speciality!

They get to say they're serving you a gourmet brownie and it only costs them a few cents!

Better than that, you get to indulge for lunch and dinner every day of your cross country sojourn. Consider yourself lucky to have this amazing brownie almost ten times when you cross the country,

You get to choose between the toffee blond brownie or the amazing chocolate brownie... every day for lunch and dinner.

Why would anyone want to eat anything other than a brownie for dessert???:oops::oops::oops:

Yum-o! :oops::oops::oops:

I rode the Meteor the first week of the flex menu and wasn’t offered a choice. I think the brownie and the blondie are the same thing. Which really sounds bad unless you know we are talking about Amtrak desserts.... another brilliant Amtrak marketing move!
They are the same thing. Both contain chocolate except for the Blondie.

Blonde chocolate?

No Blonde jokes please. Not allowed on this forum.

The description on the manufacturers website -
“Caramelized, dense and chewy butterscotch brownie stuffed with milk and semisweet chocolate chunks and scattered with crunchy, buttery toffee.”

So it’s still a brownie, just a different flavor than an all chocolate brownie.

Anything is possible... let's get through the pandemic first. And no one should be traveling now with all the dangerous variants. Just stay safe and healthy.

In the hierarchy of things right now, what they're serving for dessert on the train during this COVID emergency is kind-a insignificant. It's all about your health!;)😇

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back