Amtrak dining and cafe service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspense is killing me.

I’m still a bit frustrated at Battuello...
as I woke up this morning and saw his picture of the French Toast and thought *WooHoo!!!* Confirmation good food is back!, until I realized the syrup was just a bit to perfect… then I caught his captions… but it was all to late… adrenaline had already kicked in. 🤪

Back to hoping for a picture of anything on someone’s plate from the Traditional menu. Just so the fellow upcoming trip fans can have something to look forward to (again) And bury the Flex for good (for now)

Suspense is killing me.

I’m still a bit frustrated at Battuello...
as I woke up this morning and saw his picture of the French Toast and thought *WooHoo!!!* Confirmation good food is back!, until I realized the syrup was just a bit to perfect… then I caught his captions… but it was all to late… adrenaline had already kicked in. 🤪

Back to hoping for a picture of anything on someone’s plate from the Traditional menu. Just so the fellow upcoming trip fans can have something to look forward to (again) And bury the Flex for good (for now)
I've been checking YouTube and searching "Amtrak", and setting the filter to past hour to see if anybody has uploaded anything.

Feeling only slightly guilty about my French toast picture above, I did some digging around on the web and I found an actual public relations picture of the real Amtrak French toast:

6D005994-7630-48F5-80CB-02EDBDE2A782.png
It was on a surprisingly comprehensive guide to the new food including complete menus for all the affected trains. I haven't seen this before so I wonder if they dropped it this morning. Here's a link to the full guide:

https://www.amtrak.com/dining-car

Feeling only slightly guilty about my French toast picture above, I did some digging around on the web and I found an actual public relations picture of the real Amtrak French toast:

View attachment 23035
It was on a surprisingly comprehensive guide to the new food including complete menus for all the affected trains. I haven't seen this before so I wonder if they dropped it this morning. Here's a link to the full guide:

https://www.amtrak.com/dining-car
Sadly the Texas Eagle between Chicago and San Antonio isn't included, and I notice the Grits are no longer offered as an alternate to the Potatoes except for the Continential Breakfast, and Polenta has replaced Mashed Potatoes( but there's still Baked Spuds!😍)

The rest looks pretty decent, looking forward to trying the choices once I'm riding Long Distance again!

OK, so long story here. I believe the last china used by Amtrak before switching to plastic was the Corelle, which was glass. They sold that off; the staff really didn't like it, because although it doesn't break the first five times you drop it, when it does break, it explodes and is very hard to clean up.
Sometimes you don't get lucky and that explosion happens first drop. Despite repeated sweeping and vacuuming, I was still finding tiny shards months later, often with my bare feet. Corelle is banned from this household. :)

I've also been checking Instagram and YouTube, haven't found anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back