Amtrak dining and cafe service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a great review of dining on the Southwest Chief.
Forgive me if this video has been posted somewhere else.

I have to say the overall presentation of the meals, not to mention the appearance of the desserts, looks far better than what was offered prior to the suspension of traditional dining. If/when upgraded tablewear is introduced, that will certainly elevate the experience even more.

The food review was way to long and a bit too cutesy for me. This is typical for this YouTube content couple.

Voice over with a graphic of the menu, then highlight what then tasted - maybe nutrition - done.

I did not mind the extra information, so we will disagree there.

I have to say the overall presentation of the meals, not to mention the appearance of the desserts, looks far better than what was offered prior to the suspension of traditional dining. If/when upgraded tablewear is introduced, that will certainly elevate the experience even more.

Agreed! I'm so excited to try it! I hope I can plan a Superliner trip soon!

Reactions: Cal
I can't believe how excited we all are over something that never should happened in the first place. But I'll take it. Send some love to us east coast types!
True, but I think there were so many people who thought flex dining was going to become a permanent thing so everyone is overjoyed it didn't happen. And I'm hoping the East Coast folks get a semblance of regular dining back in the not-too-distant future. I live here in the Great Pacific Northwest and haven't ridden an Amtrak train in the east since before the Eastern trains went to the flex stuff. Should they reinstate some form of regular dining I may have to entertain the idea of taking Amtrak in the east again.

On a recent SWC I sat next to a very intelligent young woman who road Amtrak in the northeast as a young child. She remembers the people she and her mom were pared with.and how wonderful to have dinner on the train.

The chicken fricassee I had in 2017 on the LSL was so good I would like Amtrakā€™s recipe.

Does/has Amtrak offer a recipe book? Iā€™m mainly interested in Chicago, NOLA and NYC.

Reactions: Cal
Do you have a link to your travel vlog? Would love to see how itā€™s done ;)

Many many times the producer had asked me to tighten a four minute piece to three. IMO if YouTube has three minutes they couldnā€™t dump all the ads on a 20 minute YT content.

My thousand or so edited, (with graphics) over 20 years - of everything that happened locally and what the chamber of commerce programmed. Sometimes if an event ran all weekend I was forced to keep it tight for the report I did. Sometimes not easy.

I turned down jobs with CNN and the food network. mentor founded the food channel.

YouTube content providers, to reap the benefits,, have been creating longer and longer amateur pieces. Iā€™m tired of it.

Many many times the producer had asked me to tighten a four minute piece to three. IMO if YouTube has three minutes they couldnā€™t dump all the ads on a 20 minute YT content.

My thousand or so edited, (with graphics) over 20 years - of everything that happened locally and what the chamber of commerce programmed. Sometimes if an event ran all weekend I was forced to keep it tight for the report I did. Sometimes not easy.

I turned down jobs with CNN and the food network. mentor founded the food channel.

YouTube content providers, to reap the benefits,, have been creating longer and longer amateur pieces. Iā€™m tired of it.
If you're tired of it then...don't watch it? I find it funny you took the time to critique some amateur travel channel. No idea why you're comparing it to your apparent career in television graphics and bragging about your connections. So what if you think the food review was too long, it's their channel, no need to rain on their parade.

Also, YouTube sucks as a platform for creators. The algorithm fluctuates wildly and you can't really make much money at all anymore unless you're in the millions of views. But nobody leaves because who uses vimeo? It's just google being google.

If you're tired of it then...don't watch it? I find it funny you took the time to critique some amateur travel channel. No idea why you're comparing it to your apparent career in television graphics and bragging about your connections. So what if you think the food review was too long, it's their channel, no need to rain on their parade.

Also, YouTube sucks as a platform for creators. The algorithm fluctuates wildly and you can't really make much money at all anymore unless you're in the millions of views. But nobody leaves because who uses vimeo? It's just google being google.

I have to say I agree with this.
Iā€™m not sure they're in it for producing top level professional content.

I come across amateurs playing music all the time. Itā€™s not my job to let everyone know they arenā€™t professional... They love it, so Iā€™m happy for them.

Last edited:

flexing?

Moreover this was one of our first looks at traditional dining. Who cares what the video looks like.

I have to say I agree with this.
Iā€™m not sure they're in it for producing top level professional content.

I come across amateurs playing music all the time. Itā€™s not my job to let everyone know it isnā€™t professional... They love it, so Iā€™m happy for them.
Right! The idea of You Tube is to be for regular people. I loved the video. Itā€™s not competing the Food Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back