Amtrak Dome View from Hiawatha on Thanksgiving Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredevad

Lead Service Attendant
Here are some Dome view videos from a round trip Milwaukee to Chicago on Hiawathas 334 and 335 on Thanksgiving Day.

I'm planning on posting the full hour and a half videos to my YouTube account (announcement here only) sometime in the next few weeks, the most interesting parts here are the end point departures and arrivals.

Amtrak Hiawatha 334 Dome View Milwaukee to Airport

:hi: Ditto, Great Video, Thanks for Posting! Looks like Milwaukee is doing what most Older Major Cities are doing which is Converting Older Buildings along the Tracks into Condos as well as Building New Ones! Wonder if NIMBYS will Complain about the Train Noise? :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! Jeb and I couldn't get anywhere near the front windows. There were a few kids up there, and I didn't think it would be very kind to shove them out of the way. ;)

Thank you so much! Jeb and I couldn't get anywhere near the front windows. There were a few kids up there, and I didn't think it would be very kind to shove them out of the way. ;)
The plan was that even if I couldn't sit by a forward facing window, I'd still mount the camera and sit where I could monitor it. I bought one of those suction cup camera mounts just for this ride so I wouldn't miss it either way.

When I last Rode in Ocean View on a Surfliner from Santa Barbara to San Diego I had a Business Class Ticket! After I Boarded and the Conductor Scanned my Ticket, he asked me if I was going to Ride in Business Class and Get my Snack Pack?? I told him No! and Headed for the Dome Car, up the Stairs and snagged a Good Seat on the Ocean Side! (Right Side Going South!) I didn't even Trample any Women or Kids going Up the Stairs! :p My Girlfriend Rode with me during the Parts of the Trip that were on the Ocean (South of SBA and LAX)but Sat in the Biz Class Car during the Rest of the trip!(Surprisingly the Dome was Never Full!) She did bring me My Drink and Snack Pack! ^_^

Back