Amtrak E60MA's

• Thread starter Ricardo Gonzalez
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best information says that there are still 4 in service. I know that I see a couple in the Sunnyside Yards in NY from time to time, although I haven't tracked which numbers. Therefore I can't confirm that all 4 listed as active are indeed still active. But at least 2 or 3 are still running. :)

Is E60MA's still runing on the Silver Service and the Three Rivers Trains?

Ricardo Gonzalez said:
Is E60MA's still runing on the Silver Service and the Three Rivers Trains?
The Three Rivers still runs with an E-60 between PHL and NYC. If the Silver Star has no express cars to be put on or taken off in PHL it will run between NYC and WAS with either an AEM-7 or HHP-8. Some reports also say that some Keystone Service trains are running with an E-60 between NYC and WAS.

Yes, I too have heard recently (from trainorders) that E60's still can be seen on certain trains like the Three Rivers, and Silver Star/Palmetto.

Using consist info ones running recently include: 601, 602, 605, 609, and 610. Now this is what I've seen on Silver Service recently, but it's a pretty good indication. Amtrak sources say that all will be retired within the next few months, an exact timetable has yet to be set though.

battalion51 said:
Using consist info ones running recently include: 601, 602, 605, 609, and 610.
What consist info were you using? :unsure: How recent is it?

I ask for two reasons. One you've got five motors, yet Amtrak only has four listed as active. Secondly I have it on good authority, that 601, 602, and 605 are sitting at the Wilmington shops awaiting scrapping. These motors were sighted in Wilminmgton on April 27. You can read the post about this from On Track On Line here.

So When the E60MA is gone the AEM-7's and HHP-8's will take the Sliver Service Trains and the Three Rivers?

The Silver Star and Palmetto will probably run with electrics all the way to DC and the Three Rivers may begin switching motors in Harrisburg, but that depends on the avaliblity of electrics.

Amfleet said:
The Silver Star and Palmetto will probably run with electrics all the way to DC and the Three Rivers may begin switching motors in Harrisburg, but that depends on the avaliblity of electrics.
I hope that would become the case, I like the Idea of running trains with Electrics more.

Amfleet said:
the Three Rivers may begin switching motors in Harrisburg, but that depends on the avaliblity of electrics.
....and maybe the Pennsylvanian, which also now starts and ends in New York.

You might also see Keystones (those that do not go to New York) re-extended to Penn Center/Suburban Station in Philadelphia, giving better access to Center City. They would go to Suburban, which has some extra side tracks that can handle layover trains. Market East (which has only run-through tracks) could not handle them, unless they continued through the tunnel onto Septa's ex-Reading trackage out to Wayne Junction. This assumes that they make their entire run with electric engines, as diesels could not go through the Center City Commuter Connection tunnel east of 30th Street Station.

When this Amtrak E60MA will be out of service? Reply me please!

Ricardo Gonzalez said:
When this Amtrak E60MA will be out of service? Reply me please!
First, I don't understand your question as it is worded funny. Second, we will reply if we have an answer, but you can't force us as our knowledge may be the same as yours. We're not Amtrak, just fans of it. :)

AlanB said:
battalion51 said:
Using consist info ones running recently include: 601, 602, 605, 609, and 610.
What consist info were you using? :unsure: How recent is it?

I ask for two reasons. One you've got five motors, yet Amtrak only has four listed as active. Secondly I have it on good authority, that 601, 602, and 605 are sitting at the Wilmington shops awaiting scrapping. These motors were sighted in Wilminmgton on April 27. You can read the post about this from On Track On Line here.
In an interesting turn of events, Amtrak and OTOL are both saying that there are actually five E60's still in service. This after the roster has been showing only four motors in service for quite some time. This confirms B51's total count of E60's in service.

They are also saying that those five will remain in service for the foreseeable future. :)

No word on what numbers are in service, nor why a couple B51's numbers seem to be in conflict with the E60's that were sighted in Wilmington.

In Phila they change Diesels for the Sliver Service Trains?

Silver Meteor never changes in PHL and goes between NYC and WAS with an electric locomotive (AEM-7 or HHP-8). Silver Star and Plametto may or may not chagne in PHL depending on if the train will be carrying any epxress that day. It also depends on locomotive avalibility.

On what website can I find Video clips of the E60MA of Amtrak? Reply me please.

Your back to it again. I suggest that you stop treating us like servants, as Anthony put it. He will continuing locking your posts if you keep it up. Trust me, things here are run on a tight watch and we try to keep a pleasant atmosphere, but your not helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back