Amtrak Excursion in the works? Follow up to the Amtrak Autumn Express

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike77E9

Train Attendant
Was just curious if anyone has heard any rumblings about Amtrak repeating what they did last fall with the Autumn Express? Would be pretty nice if they offered another rare-mileage route after a highly successful AXP!

I'm guessing we won't hear anything till August which, I believe, is when the Autumn Express was announced last year.

Just a tid bit. The lunch bags did say 1st Annual. BTW they're sweet lunch bags.
Yes, they are, but they actually say "Autumn Express Inaugural." Maybe they were thinking every four years, like a presidential inaugural :)

1384142_10201442588401487_1516132934_n.jpg

It was a great trip! I saved my lunchbag, too. A nice little souvenir.

I would actually be surprised if they did not repeat the excursion, although based on the survey they took afterward, I was hoping to see a different "rare mileage route" for this year's excursion....

It was a great trip! I saved my lunchbag, too. A nice little souvenir.

I would actually be surprised if they did not repeat the excursion, although based on the survey they took afterward, I was hoping to see a different "rare mileage route" for this year's excursion....

I'm hoping for another 'Rare Mileage' route for their excursion if they do repeat it. The price was right for this one, let's hope another one is in the works!

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they did another rare mileage route somewhere else in the country. I know it's selfish to want something else in the northeast, but i can understand them trying something somewhere else like out of Chicago or California.

It would be nice if they could do Hudson Valley this year. From NYP up the east bank to Tivoli then up and across the Hudson to Selkirk and then down the River Line on the west bank down to Newark and back to New York. A bit more challenging in terms of motive power, in that to get back to New York they will need to change to or add on electric power.

The other one that would be neat is Newark to Harrisburg via Bethlehem and Reading, and back via the Trenton Cutoff.

Well August came and gone with nothing announced. Did I miss something?

Well August came and gone with nothing announced. Did I miss something?
No. You did not because of right now, there is nothing to officially announce.

Keep a sharp watch over the next few weeks though, as there is a "heartbeat."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mica will go ape.

Imagine all the cranberry juice this train could have paid for!!! ;)

Wasn't last years "Yankee Special" an overwhelming success? Amtrak could probably run a couple of "Leaf Peeper Specials" ( with Ocean View as a Special Fare) and rake in the dough!

I understand the excursion train has to pay for itself. Otherwise it will not happen.
Even if it does, what will he have to say about a bunch of foam-obsessed rich people riding around on a huge circular land cruise eating wine and drinking cheese on a taxpayer funded vehicle in this time of austerity??? ;)

While accompanied by his entourage, er staff that make Large Government Salaries and Bennies for serving the King, er Congress Critter!!

Maybe he'll hold a hearing about waste and abuse in the Congressional Budget??

Last edited by a moderator:
While accompanied by his entourage, er staff that make Large Government Salaries and Bennies for serving the King, er Congress Critter!!

Maybe he'll hold a hearing about waste and abuse in the Congressional Budget??
Woah woah woah. Now that's just crazy talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back