Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

jis

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
Gathering Team Member
As reported in Railway Age:

John Bredin

OBS Chief
Sounds generally positive. Slightly puzzled by the reference to "Viewliner cars ordered by the states" but I presume he was conflating the new Viewliners and the coming Midwest/California cars.

More substantively, I hope they're "replacing" the Amfleets in the sense of running the NEC with new cars or trainsets. I'd like to think they'd keep the better Amfleet cars as a pool for charters and Thanksgiving extras. More charters for sporting events, state fairs, and the like would expose more people to Amtrak.

Last edited:

Cal

Foamer
lightly puzzled by the reference to "Viewliner cars ordered by the states" but I presume he was conflating the new Viewliners and the coming Midwest/California cars.
The new Viewliners still weren't ordered by sates AFAIK.

me_little_me

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
Harris is mischaracterizing the State Venture order as Viewliners. There is no more Viewliners yet to be ordered by anyone.
And how would an Amtrak executive be expected to know what cars they have? I mean, it's not likely he is high enough in he company and he's probably never traveled on one. :):)

So sad! It's worse than I thought.

Tlcooper93

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporter
Well that's pretty embarrassing.
Still looks looks pretty promising for Amtrak in the next 10 years. looking forward.