Amtrak Fare Hike?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chakk

Engineer
Booked trips on the CZ for July. It appears that the lowest-bucket fare for roomettes between EMY and DEN have been increased by 7%. And there aren't that many dates left in June-July-August when the lowest bucket fare is even available (but I did get mine by adjusting travel dates slightly). Anybody know if this is a summer-only increase, or something likely to stick year round?

All prices are rising including Amtrak Rail Fares and Sleeper Prices! So sadly its True and will continue to rise as demand exceeds supply this Summer!

Everything is going up except wages and pensions but yet the Politicos claim there is no Inflation!

The definition of inflation requires that wages go up. If wages don't go up, it isn't inflation.

It is, rather, an increase in the cost of living, and a decrease in the standard of living. :-( Signficantly more worrisome than inflation.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a sleeper, last year, KLA to PDX was $200. This year, same date, same trip, sleeper is $312. Both checked on day of departure. I would say sleepers are creeping up. Actual fare is $47 bucks. Same as last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back