Amtrak in the East

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
I just finised up the bulk of my new website. It's up and running and I think looks pretty good considering this is my first time building a complex site (except for my geocities websites). I only have the Photos, Trip Reports, and Links pages up and running. The Video Clips and Modeling pages will come in the future. If you would like to submit a photo(s) or trip report(s) for the site you can email me at [email protected]

To visit Amtrak in the East click here.

P.S. Don't forget to sign my guestbook. :D

Amfleet:

Well-organized web site. Very good and informative. I forgot to sign the guest book, but will do so on my next visit. Question...

What is the difference between a P-40 and a P42?

Amtrak Watcher said:
Amfleet:
Well-organized web site. Very good and informative. I forgot to sign the guest book, but will do so on my next visit. Question...

What is the difference between a P-40 and a P42?
Well the P-40 was the first of the Genesis series locomotive built for Amtrak. It was kind of a "trial" for Amtrak. The P-40 has 4000hp and was put in the #800 series. Amtrak ordered about 40 P-40's.

The P-42 was the second generation Genesis locomotive from GE with some modifications, plus an extra 250hp to the already 4000hp. Amtrak order over 200 of these locomotives.

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back