Amtrak in the Northwest

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that's going to happen soon. Another storm on its way to slam the North California, and the floodwaters in Nevada, with the saturated soil, isn't going away too soon, I think. It might be due to super-natural causes. And then again, it could be a once in so many years storm.

8 today has made it past the Glacier Park Area heading to Havre, MT now. 7 is departing Havre, MT and is expected to proceed on it's westward journey through the park area. Right at the moment no 7 or 8 is shown in service disruption.

I didn't know that that map would show ViaRail.
It does show the positions of the Canadian trains, but not any information about the current status of precise location or schedules. I should add that if you click on the train #, it does show if it is running early, late, or on time, but no actual gps info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually shows all VIA trains except Canadian. Speed is shown in KM/hr. Click on VIA train number you will see its history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually shows all VIA trains except Canadian. Speed is shown in KM/hr. Click on BIA train number you will see its history.
The map posted shows train 1, which is the Canadian. Unless the Sunset Limited took a small detour.
Well, there was that small bridge fire in Texas, so maybe the SL did detour around it via BC! :giggle:

Actually shows all VIA trains except Canadian. Speed is shown in KM/hr. Click on BIA train number you will see its history.
The map posted shows train 1, which is the Canadian. Unless the Sunset Limited took a small detour.
Well, there was that small bridge fire in Texas, so maybe the SL did detour around it via BC! :giggle:
I can say that the #1 that showed up on the image was the Canadian. That train does show up, but no detailed status is provided. Sunset Limited does not detour by that much.

I can say that the #1 that showed up on the image was the Canadian. That train does show up, but no detailed status is provided. Sunset Limited does not detour by that much.
Really? You do know that he was joking, don't you. ;)

Really? You do know that he was joking, don't you. ;)
I do know that.

Back