Amtrak/Intermodal Station in Syracuse

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, has anyone been to this station recently? Is it a safe place to wait for the westbound LSL at night?

Less than 2 years ago we arrived at night and the place felt relaxed and easy going. Have used SYR around 5 or 6 times and alsways felt comfortable, and as mentioned above there is a fair amount of activity from various other transport systems too.

I went through Syracuse a few years ago, doing the bus to train transfer, and it was absolutely fine. The staff were nice, the station was clean. I had a bit of a wait between my bus and the LSL, but at no time did I ever feel unsafe. You will be just fine.

I've never been there that late in the evening, but have never had a problem on my many Empire Service trips in and out of there. Because of the buses coming in and out of there, it usually has people around. Also, unless something has changed, it is a manned station.

I live in NE Pa,and I'll use the Syracuse station once in awhile to park when I do a LD trip. $8 a day to park. Last trip I used Buffalo Depew. Parking there is free. Both seemed safe.

Thanks everyone for your input. I had considered making my own thread, but then I remembered this one, so I figured I would just ask my question here, sorry if that was not the right thing to do. Some forums prefer resurrecting an old thread if you're question is similar and others don't. The station seemed safe based on the 2017 responses, but I just wanted to be sure.

Back