Amtrak iOS app updated

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allypet

Service Attendant
Amtrak just released version 2.0 of the app. Nice looking interface. Gone is the passport feature, so no more logging in at stations. My app keeps crashing when I try to look up my trips. I just deleted and the app, re-booted my phone and re-installed it, so hopefully that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interface looks nice. My pending trips and tickets were there with no crashes. I won't miss the station check in since that almost always crashed my app.

A Montanan who enjoys trail travel.

I liked the passport app -- rarely crashed my phone. My wife and I would have a contest of who would get the most points. This last summer we dined specifically at the lodge in Essex, MT so we could log in on their wifi and collect the station -- neither of us had cell signal when the train made its stop.

I see the new interface, but it still had it that one cannot designate SENIOR in the first step. I recall it can be inserted after payment arrangements are centered. Anyone know why?

I never even realized the passport was, to be honest. I just saw the link on the "homepage" of the app and

just assumed it was a place to enter your passport info if you were riding a train to Canada. I never knew it

was anything else until I read this thread. :)

Worked well on my points run to Cleveland. The return leg of my trip disappeared so at first I thought would not be able to pull up e ticket in Cleveland. I did get it from the my trips tab so no problem. IMHO the trip should not have disappeared from home page until I was back in Chicago.

Anyone know of the updated app can support multi-city tickets. If I had a regular one-way or round-trip tickets bought on line they appeared automatically but multi-city tickets didn't (after the last website update, it was fine with the originally) I can't check for myself, no upcoming trips.

A long time ago I was an Apple supporter, chairman of my local Anti IBM users group,, but that was the 80's. I actually had a LISA and one of the original 512 K Macs. The office I ran was all Mac until Microsoft refused to release Office and we could no longer function. I actually met Woz twice and my best meeting with Jobs was when i used the wrong restroom in the triangle building during a meeting, But then again I also spilled Budweiser all over Bill Gates the first time I met him,,, I think my dogma ate my mantra

One thing I don't think I saw on the old version of the Amtrak iOS app are service advisories. They may have been there and I just didn't notice them. After updating the app I checked my upcoming trips on the Empire Builder (EB). Both of my saved trips have a yellow triangle with exclamation point. Tapping those brings up the Service Advisory about the one way traffic in North Dakota and the alternatives for those traveling to and from Grand Forks, Devils Lake and Rugby. I appreciate the information even though my trips will not start or end at any of those locations.

A Montanan who enjoys trail travel.

I hit that earlier this morning too, but as of an hour ago or so it seemed to be working. And I'm busy checking in at stations from 2255 right now. :)

I had the same problem overnight but make to normal operation today.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

That's.... Interesting.

I know a Jeff A. that lives here in Odenton.

But he's such a backwards thinking, anti-transit, anti-rail [redacted], that I can't possibly fathom him using Amtrak, let alone using the app, let alone being the world leader.

There must be another Jeff A. in town that's not an [redacted].

The new version is not working. When I lignin even the trips I booked on the app don't show up. And tickets on passbook don't have room and car numbers. Easier to print at quick trak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back