Amtrak letterhead, 1970s

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a quirky website that collects classic letterhead from a (mostly) vanished era of correspondence, here's this treasure from the 1970s: http://www.letterheady.com/post/484423722/amtrak. Sure, the image was an anachronism even then, but it harks back to the great era of civilized train travel.

If you're a fan of design, check out the letterheady website. I particularly admire the stationery used by Henry Miller, the Rolling Stones, "His Master's Voice" gramophone company, and many others.

tumblr_l03r3fp9SW1qac511o1_500.jpg

From a quirky website that collects classic letterhead from a (mostly) vanished era of correspondence, here's this treasure from the 1970s: http://www.letterheady.com/post/484423722/amtrak. Sure, the image was an anachronism even then, but it harks back to the great era of civilized train travel.

If you're a fan of design, check out the letterheady website. I particularly admire the stationery used by Henry Miller, the Rolling Stones, "His Master's Voice" gramophone company, and many others.

tumblr_l03r3fp9SW1qac511o1_500.jpg
Packed away somewhere, I have either one of those or one very similar. I would have got it in 1983 aboard the then new "Florida First-Class" service on the Silver Star (and Meteor). It came in a brown Amtrak letterhead folder, which I also still have. As part of this "Florida" program, there was also a complimentary wine & cheese basket, and the attendant shined your shoes overnight while you slept.

Another relic of a gentler time....people sending real letters as opposed to email, tweets, et al.....

Anyone else recall when all Pullman cars carried Western Union Telegram blanks?,,,,

Some cars inherited by Amtrak in 1971 had a desk that could be used for letter-writing if the conductor hadn't taken it.

Stationery has nearly disappeared from hotel rooms, too. Last time I saw a telegram blank in a hotel room was probably the early 1970s. However, some of us who are ham radio operators still have Radiogram blanks for emergency preparedness.

Back