Amtrak long term service cancellations and restorations (2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Today’s expected resumption of 350 and 355 (pushed back from yesterday last week) was cancelled with only a few hours notice to those boarding 350 in CHI. No details as to why this happened - wondering if the staff/equipment needed for the resumption was not available in time. If I was booked on tomorrow’s 350 or 355, I’d definitely be a bit worried they’d do the same to me…

Sorry if I'm a bit late to this game but I just now came across this post. I was booked on that morning's (10/25) #350 out of Chicago. AMTRAK sent out an email about the cancellation around midnight Chicago time, long after I'd gone to bed intending to get up early to catch 6:50 train. I had a business class ticket on the #350 and was able to get a business class seat on the following #352 train. So all worked out well in the end, but I was none too pleased about the extremely late notification.

danasgoodstuff

Lead Service Attendant
Thanksgiving ?

"To accommodate more in-person events and same-day travel, Amtrak is adding more service on Thanksgiving morning and will increase the number of trains operating from Nov.18 – 28. Customers can also take advantage of additional service in the Northeast, Virginia, and between Portland, Ore., and Seattle – plus newly restored service for those traveling to and from Vancouver and Toronto."

daybeers

Conductor
I miss the days of the special NEC Thanksgiving timetables. And if you didn't buy your tickets months in advance, lol good luck trying to find a fare that doesn't burn a hole through your wallet, let alone any seat at all.

Willbridge

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member

"To accommodate more in-person events and same-day travel, Amtrak is adding more service on Thanksgiving morning and will increase the number of trains operating from Nov.18 – 28. Customers can also take advantage of additional service in the Northeast, Virginia, and between Portland, Ore., and Seattle – plus newly restored service for those traveling to and from Vancouver and Toronto."
The PDX<>SEA turn that was added must have been a last-minute addition, as publicity about it did not come out until it was already sold out.