Amtrak Monthly Pass

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

questionsabound

Hello,

I have a few questions about the Amtrak monthly pass and am hoping some veteran can help. Assume for the below that I hold a monthly pass for "unlimited" travel between NYC and Was.

1. If I board a train in NYC, can I alight in Philadelphia?

2. If I find myself in Philadelphia, can I board a train for Was? NYC?

3. Can I board a train in NYC (or Newark?) that heads south, but not bound for Was (for example, a Keystone)?

Basically, do I have to board and alight at the cities indicated on the pass? Please post any links.

Thanks in advance.

You have the right to board on Acela Business Class and NE Regionals/Keystone services in Coach. I think. I'm about 80% sure. But I know you will be able to board NE Regional's and Keystone services for coach service. All you would need to do is present the pass at the boarding gate or stairway.

Good Luck,

Steve

The monthly passes are not valid for Acela travel, but are valid for most (but not all) Regional trains for coach. You can use the tickets for any city pairs between the purchased end points. You can use a New York to Wilmington pass to ride from Newark to Philadelphia. Of course, you cannot use a Newark to Philadelphia pass to ride to Wilmington.

Here is the full list of restricted trains.

Restricted Trains

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can travel between any two points WITHIN YOUR PASS on any day. If you had a NYC - WAS monthly pass, you could take a regional from NYC - PHL in the morning and then a different train from PHL - BAL later that day. Then the next day, you could go from BAL - DC, etc.

Please also note that NONE of the monthly passes are good on acela.

The restricted trains link no longer works. Does anyone know where I can find the new list/link?

I'm only guessing, but maybe the restricted trains from NYP-WAS are LD trains (like the Silvers or Crescent) that do not carry passengers locally between those points?
huh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back