Amtrak Promotion Code

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PrunetuckyByron

I'm planning a cross country trip in the Spring 2004 (Zephyr, Cardinal, Three Rivers, Southwest Chief) . . . does anyone know of any current Amtrak Discount Promotion Codes to help me save some money?

I haven't heard of any special discounts lately. By and large Amtrak has done away with them, when they lowered and streamlined the prices last year.

Probably the best you can hope for is a great deal in Rail Sale. However keep in mind that you can't book a sleeper with a Rail Sale ticket. You can only upgrade while on-board if you want a sleeper.

If you are a member of AAA auto club, then you're entitled to have 10% off, so is AARP.

If you're handicapped such as mobility, physical impairment, like hearing loss, then you most likely to get discount if you're calling with reservation center. I've done that and it's no problem.

There is no Amtrak discount specifically geared towards AARP members.

Amtrak does offer a senior citizen discount to customer 62 years of age or older. Memebership in AARP is not a prerequisite for the senior discount.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you are going to travel exclusively in coach, Amtrak on ebay can't be beat. If you are patient enough to keep your eyes open for the right auction and stick to your bid limits, I have no doubt that you can get a coast to coast trip for less than $100 round trip. You may not get the exact trains mentioned below, but maybe could combine a couple of auctions and still come out cheaper. Check out link below for how it all works. Oh and by the way- now that I've been nice enough to tell you all of this- don't even think of outbidding me for my next trip!! :D

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=56190638&ssPageName=L2

Rail Sale is also a good deal, and regular discounts to look into are the NARP (National Association of Rail Passengers), Senior Citizens, and Student Advantage for college students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back