Amtrak Ride 2010: Texas Eagle Day 2 MHL - SAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredevad

Lead Service Attendant
This trip was an overnight turn trip from Milwaukee, WI to San Antonio, TX aboard the Texas Eagle in a roomette and bedroom. Although I spent the day after I returned making detailed notes, I lost them in a hard drive crash.

Since my notes are gone, here is day 2 in video: Marshal, TX to San Antonio, TX

Part 1: Marshall, TX through Dallas, TX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaHOFtysq8k

Stay tuned for day 3 - San Antonio, TX to Longview, TX.

(And again, should be done in a couple of weeks, I seem to be averaging about one travel day a month.) :)

:hi: Good job, nice color on the trip on my "home" train! I recognized lots of the Voices from the OBS and Conductors and of course the various stops, scenery etc. Did you have the early or late dinner on the new diner to SAS schedule, lots of pax Ive talked with like being able to eat later than 4PM or have a real breakfast when heading North! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Good job, nice color on the trip on my "home" train! I recognized lots of the Voices from the OBS and Conductors and of course the various stops, scenery etc. Did you have the early or late dinner on the new diner to SAS schedule, lots of pax Ive talked with like being able to eat later than 4PM or have a real breakfast when heading North! :cool:
Thanks. Colors are great on my new HD camcorder (leaving out blatant commercial unless someone asks). It was a perfect day for amateur filming (well, after Longview anyway).

On this day, my dinner reservation was for the exact time we left Austin (the Colorado river crossing and sunset shots in Part 2 were taken from the diner). Since my trips are usually at the end of October, I like to eat breakfast before light and dinner after dark to maximize window and filming time, and I did take advantage of the seating times between Austin and San Antonio. Chris and Thelma were my dining car attendants (not sure who was lead, they worked quite well as a team), and both did an excellent job helping to make this an awesome trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back