Amtrak Ride 2010: Texas Eagle Day 3 SAS - LVW

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredevad

Lead Service Attendant
October 27, 2010: Day 3 of my Amtrak 2010 Texas Eagle excursion.

After a foggy start in San Antonio, TX, my return trip begins in bedroom E and morning clouds riding through San Marcos, TX, and crossing the Colorado river. After a crew change stop and our engineer Mark leaves us in Ausin, the sun comes out by the time we hit Taylor, TX. Getting our track warrent for the Waco subdivision, we continue on to Temple, TX and a very short visit to the Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum at the depot. Then it's on across the Brazos River and on to Cleburne, TX.

Scanner activity picks up as we pass several BNSF yards north of Cleburne, TX. After briefly sitting in a siding to let our sister train, the Amtrak Texas Eagle #21 pass, we make our approach and stop in Ft. Worth, TX. Sitting in the depot, the silence in the SSL indicates cutting of the head end power to swith engines to leave engine AMTK 25 in Ft. Worth and bring engine AMTK 204 to Chicago. Departing Ft. Worth, we shove south across the interlocking and switch to UP trackage and make our way towards Dallas, TX as the scanner activity dies down. Running late, there is only time in Dallas to catch a few DART and double decker TRE trains before we depart and head toward Mineola, TX. At the second spotting in Mineola, the Texas sunset is beginning to show itself until light is barely visible by the time we reach Longview, TX. After our stop in Longview, the SCA turns down the bed and we continue on through the night.

Here is day 3 in a video travelogue: San Antonio, TX to Longview, TX

Part 1: San Antonio, TX to Cleburne, TX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQGSLSAmJw

October 27, 2010: Day 3 of my Amtrak 2010 Texas Eagle excursion.

Stay tuned for day 4 - St. Louis, MO to Chicago, IL.

(And again, should be done in a couple of weeks, I seem to be averaging about one travel day a month.) :)

Aloha

:hi:Very nice Work. :D What equipment and editor are you using?

Aloha

:hi:Very nice Work. :D What equipment and editor are you using?
Thanks!

• Camera: Sony HDR-CX150 (with custom Velcro rigging near the mic to attach an ear bud from the scanner)
  • Computer: Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core Duo T7250 CPU, 4GB memory, MS Vista Professional (yes, I know it's old)
  • Video Editor: Adobe Premier Elements 9
  • AVCHD/DVD Disc Mastering: Pinnacle Studio 14 HD
I was trying to use Pinnacle Studio for editing for a while, but it just doesn't give me the flexibility that I want in an editor to do some of the more advanced overlay transitions. Plus, when an editor has it's own forum topic on how to keep it from crashing, it's time to find something else. Although, it is much more flexible to designing disc menus where with Premier Elements you're pretty much stuck with what they give you (with some minor tweaks), so I keep it around for that and Premier doesn't make AVCHD discs, only Blu-Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed watching these very much; they made me more excited for my trip this June (first long distance excursion, 3rd trip total).

I have a GPS but I'd like to get a scanner. I'll make sure to read the related thread very carefully.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back