Amtrak route maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, here goes.

I'm looking for a reference book that lists all the Amtrak routes, and the highways, rural roads, streets, etc that the routes follow. Or, the roads that run parallel to the routes, etc. For instance, if I want to see Amtrak trains between St Louis and Chicago, which road is the best one for me to travel on? I know that I can stop at the local stations, but, they're more exciting to see moving.

Does anyone know if such a book exists? I've tried a few internet searches, but, so far, have come up unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michele

Hi there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, here goes.
I'm looking for a reference book that lists all the Amtrak routes, and the highways, rural roads, streets, etc that the routes follow. Or, the roads that run parallel to the routes, etc. For instance, if I want to see Amtrak trains between St Louis and Chicago, which road is the best one for me to travel on? I know that I can stop at the local stations, but, they're more exciting to see moving.

Does anyone know if such a book exists? I've tried a few internet searches, but, so far, have come up unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michele
I am not sure if there is a national map that shows all the Amtrak routes, but I do know that many of the states produce a map that shows all rail tracks in the state and who owns/utilizes them.

Interestingly enough, I have an Ohio Map produced by Ohio Department of Transportation that shows all the rail lines in Ohio, which one is which, and which ones Amtrak runs on. However, it doesn't show any roads, just cities and the rail lines.

Aloha

I don't know about books, but the Deloreme program includes rail lines. On the few that I have used GPS the tracks are correct. If I was going to chase trains this is what I would use.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back