Amtrak long term service cancellations and restorations (2022-2023H1)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a notification from Amtrak that train 11, the southbound Coast Starlight for June 29 is being terminated at Emeryville, thus not serving points such as San Jose. San Luis Obispo and Los Angeles. Does anyone know why? I have reservations to ride it between Eugene, Oregon, and Paso Robles, Calif. I am on hold with the Amtrak reservations folks right now ...

I just received a notification from Amtrak that train 11, the southbound Coast Starlight for June 29 is being terminated at Emeryville, thus not serving points such as San Jose. San Luis Obispo and Los Angeles. Does anyone know why? I have reservations to ride it between Eugene, Oregon, and Paso Robles, Calif. I am on hold with the Amtrak reservations folks right now ...
See thread on Coast Starlight in Ventura County 6/28/23.

Well, I don't think you are talking about June 24th considering you posted it June 28th.

In any case, today's 14 derailed is Moorpark after hitting a water truck. It caused track damage and the line is closed. 14(27) is being terminated at Oxnard and 14(28) will be terminated at Emeryville. It isn’t a "long term cancellation" but a response to an accident and a temporary line closure. Whether it turns out to result in long term sleeper reductions due to losing, at least temporarily, three sleepers remains to be seen.

https://www.amtraktrains.com/thread...ra-county-ca-partially-derails-6-28-23.85448/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back