Amtrak service cancellations and restorations (2022)

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

RebelRider

Service Attendant
Rumor going around is the consist plan for the new service will be four Amfleet I coaches and a split-club for the cafe and business seating. No baggage car. The sets will be captive to BOS--NPN--NYP--RNK--BOS

This is going to make for some miserably full trains, especially on corridor.

KnightRail

Lead Service Attendant
Not a glitch. I've heard from reliable sources that it was returning on July 11. And apparently it's only running between WAS and BOS. Guess VA isn't ready for it.
VA is very much ready for it, just took a little longer to reprogram the changes south of WAS. 66 now begins in Roanoke. 65/67 will continue to end in Newport News. The equipment will be standard regional sets and not dedicated smaller sets with the club-dinette(split cafe/business class) like before.

Roanoke:
•151(NYP-RNK)
turns for same day’s
•66(RNK-BOS)

•171(BOS-RNK)
turns for next day’s
•176(RNK-BOS)

Newport News:
•67(BOS-NPN)
turns for same day’s
•186(NPN-NYP)

•125(NYP-NPN)
turns for next day’s
•174(NPN-BOS)

Edit: Now saw much of this has already been covered in the separate thread on this topic.

Last edited:

Cal

Engineer
With the SWC derailment, if the train goes to five-days-a-week what days will it probably depart? Can't remember where it was said previously on here.

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
With the SWC derailment, if the train goes to five-days-a-week what days will it probably depart? Can't remember where it was said previously on here.
It is all speculative. I am sure no one has any idea.

Incidentally the previous 5 day thing was not designed to reduce the number of consists needed. It was designed to reduce the number of crew needed. A reduced operation to reduce the number of consists needed will look very very different. But for now let us wait until we get to that river before figuring out which bridge to cross.