Amtrak Station Agents

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Station Agents along with ticket sales and baggage handling at 16 stations across the country were removed in 2018 and replaced by "Station Attendants". The current FY 2020 authorization and appropriations bills had language written into the bills that mandated Amtrak restore Station Agents along with the usual customer support services. Montana Senator Jon Tester wrote Amtrak President Mr. Richard Anderson in December 2019 asking him to quickly restore Station/Ticket agents at those 16 stations across the country. Does anyone know if Station Agents, ticket sales and baggage handling has been restored at these 16 stations?

Off topic from Montana, but did Amtrak ever restore the ticket agent and staffing in Charleston, WV? I know Sen. Joe Manchin was especially trying hard and grilling Amtrak, for their attempt to eliminate staffing at their Charleston, WV station.

Hopefully the stations in Montana where Amtrak was threatening to unstaff(which IIRC were both Havre and Shelby), didn't lose staffing in the end. But I worry for all I know, they might have? :(

There are 16 stations around the country that had their agents pulled. Not sure where all are located but in addition to those, which I believe were two, Cincinnati also lost their Station Agent.

Back