Amtrak Status Maps Down?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The map itself is fine, but I can't view the information for the individual trains, after you click on the link for them (e.g. the speed map).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a white page with the word "Map" in small text at top left. Using Google Chrome. No clue what is meant by "clear your cache," but if it means I lose all cookies, saved log-ins, etc. I'm not thrilled about that...there must be a better way.

ASM is working perfectly on my computer - both in Chrome and Safari. It's rendering properly and I can click on the individual trains for more info, so I'm not finding any problems whatsoever.

While on that page, try a control+F5, that should get you right.

Worked well. Back to normal. Hopefully didn't do anything beyond getting the functional map back..

One thing I noticed is totally out of kilter. Westbound #1 is only 57 minutes late at Winnipeg. How is this possible? I'm going to Ctrl-F5 every train from now on! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
While on that page, try a control+F5, that should get you right.
Worked well. Back to normal. Hopefully didn't do anything beyond getting the functional map back..

One thing I noticed is totally out of kilter. Westbound #1 is only 57 minutes late at Winnipeg. How is this possible? I'm going to Ctrl-F5 every train from now on! LOL
That #1 probably had an extra day to turn around from the inbound #2, which is usually late, and miraculously didn't get delayed more.

Well, quite the "time waster" I have now discovered.

It's not perfect, but it is a "guide". For example, the site shows #3 (28) near La Vergne when I heard it come by my house.

It does show #5 (28) detouring over the UP (C&NW), which is more than Train Status will share with you.

But all told, better than nothing.

It's not perfect, but it is a "guide". For example, the site shows #3 (28) near La Vergne when I heard it come by my house.

It does show #5 (28) detouring over the UP (C&NW), which is more than Train Status will share with you.

There is a time delay, as Amtrak doesn’t share real time location data for any of their trains with the public.

In my opinion it's a great tool, especially considering it's free and doesn't show ads. And as CCC said, there is a time delay no matter what, since Amtrak doesn't share real time location data.

I made a significant update yesterday at around 1am Eastern.

If you are experiencing issues clear your cache.
It looks great! The map, performance, especially graphically when scrolling, using OpenStreetMap instead of Google, is vastly improved. Thank you!

It looks great! The map, performance, especially graphically when scrolling, using OpenStreetMap instead of Google, is vastly improved. Thank you!
I was forced to switch to OSM because sticking with Google under their new pricing scheme would have cost a couple thousand dollars a month, vs zero.

I saw it as a forced move that didn't benefit the end user much (increased memory consumption, loss of terrain shading), but I'm glad that for some people it's a positive.

I was forced to switch to OSM because sticking with Google under their new pricing scheme would have cost a couple thousand dollars a month, vs zero.

I saw it as a forced move that didn't benefit the end user much (increased memory consumption, loss of terrain shading), but I'm glad that for some people it's a positive.
Maybe it was just meant to be.
default_tongue.png

Really love using the ASM, being able to enter a station code is so useful for the NEC since I typically only care about the trains stopping at PVD and not all the trains operating NYP-WAS. Also like the shading between the Acela and the regional trains.

One quick suggestion I have is to change the shading for trains based on the direction of travel, so have (say) peach shading for southbound trains and yellow shading for northbound.

Keep up the great work!

Back