Amtrak Status Maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else had problems Logging into Amtrak Statis Mapso( dixielandsoftware.net) the past few days?

I've used this valuable tool for years to track Amtrak Train Status, but the last 3 days when I try to Log on I receive an Error Message of
"FORBIDDEN. you do not have access to this site!"

Any ideas as to why?

Has anyone else had problems Logging into Amtrak Statis Mapso( dixielandsoftware.net) the past few days?

I've used this valuable tool for years to track Amtrak Train Status, but the last 3 days when I try to Log on I receive an Error Message of
"FORBIDDEN. you do not have access to this site!"

Any ideas as to why?
I tried this morning and was unable to gain access to the site.

I received this message just now:
404: Page not found
This error is generated when there was no web page with the name you specified at the web site.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Ensure the page you are linking to exists in the correct folder.

Check your file name for case sensitivity . Index.htm is not the same as index.htm!

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists.

Well, after 10 days my web hosting company still can't seem to get its act together.

So, I have temporarily moved everything over to a temporary website. So, here's what you need to do:
  • If you've got any links or bookmarks referring to "dixielandsoftware.net", please change that part of the string to "statusmaps.com"
  • If you just use "statusmaps.com" as the URL, it'll take you to CAPTRAIL.ORG, which is the temporary location. At that location you'll find links in the upper left hand corner.
  • The maps and station status board options will need to be reselected.
There will likely be little problems that still need attention due to something missed in the migration. Just let me know what they are.

jb

Well, after 10 days my web hosting company still can't seem to get its act together.

So, I have temporarily moved everything over to a temporary website. So, here's what you need to do:
  • If you've got any links or bookmarks referring to "dixielandsoftware.net", please change that part of the string to "statusmaps.com"
  • If you just use "statusmaps.com" as the URL, it'll take you to CAPTRAIL.ORG, which is the temporary location. At that location you'll find links in the upper left hand corner.
  • The maps and station status board options will need to be reselected.
There will likely be little problems that still need attention due to something missed in the migration. Just let me know what they are.

jb
I'm curious, you use shared or a cloud instance with all these stuff? Because I use my own cloud servers and dedicated servers with my projects I've been doing lately. BTW, thanks for the great work you had done for these years, I always enjoyed use that feature.

Yes - a shared server. A program of mine evidently ran away (infinite loop (?)) and took too much bandwidth away from the other users. So the web hosting company shut it down. They only got it back up today, after 11 days. In the meantime, it's running on another shared server. (I fixed the loops.)

jb

Yes - a shared server. A program of mine evidently ran away (infinite loop (?)) and took too much bandwidth away from the other users. So the web hosting company shut it down. They only got it back up today, after 11 days. In the meantime, it's running on another shared server. (I fixed the loops.)

jb
Gotcha. Maybe a advice: Get your own cloud instance so you will have your own bandwidth just for you so you won't be able to be in the way with other users? If you ever need help, let me know so I want see your site up and never taken down again. Thanks again, brother.

Back