Amtrak teases upgraded bedding/amenities for sleeping cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a short video posted to Instagram, Amtrak shows off what appears to be a Viewliner II bedroom (because of the maroon fabric on the headrest) with new bedding and amenities.
View attachment 16361
Lots to dissect in the few seconds of video...
On the bed is a new blue/grey comforter.​
There's a tray with several different amenities, including what appear to be small bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion, and small boxes and bags with different items.​
There's also large pump-style bottles, with a wall mount bracket (presumably to be mounted on the wall of shared showers).​
Also seen are a notecard, a chocolate bar from turn down service and a tote bag.​

As part of the much-maligned flexible dining service, Amtrak also promised "upgraded bedding, towels and linens for sleeping cars —beginning with the Auto Train."
What I liked and appreciated about your post is bringing awareness of the false marketing Amtrak presents... C'mon Amtrak! I'm winding up a system tour and I haven't seen anything like this anywhere. Amtrak, if you're promise it... then do it!

The new blanket is really nice. I can’t remember how the old sheets, pillowcases & pillows were, so can’t say if the ones I have today are any better. They’re certainly nice.
I don’t care about the shampoo, etc.

The attendants have been lowering the bed and place the wrapped blanket on top for the pax to open and place. One attendant noted that the same blanket is used for bedrooms and roomettes that have different sized bed!

Back